Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hand-made Goodies: Quilted Ball Ornaments

Happy New Year all!  I took a bit of a hiatus to enjoy the holidays with my family, move into our new place and get everything to unpacked. With all that taken care of, I'm launching off my hand-made goodies feature.  Each Tuesday (til I run out of things that I've made and given as gifts ( : ) will feature a new hand-made item that also makes a great gift.

To kick things off, I'm going to back-peddle a bit and show you some hand-made Christmas ornaments that make great gifts-for teacher, friends, co-workers, really anyone you want!

Quilted Ball Ornaments

You'll need:
Small styrofoam balls
Fabric scraps (preferably christmas-y fabrics that look good together)
Regular butter knife
Ribbon

Using the knife, take the fabric scraps and poke them into the ball in random shapes.  Repeat all over the ball til it is entirely covered in fabric.  Cut of a good-sized piece of ribbon (about 6-7 inches,) knot ends together and poke knot down in the ball (if you want, you can put a little dab of hot glue on the knot before poking it down.)  That's it-you're done!!

Make Some Scribbles!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...