Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July Fun

Well hello.  I'm not dead.  Promise.  I know I've been MIA this last week.  Let me just say, it was one crazy week.  Full of errand-running and headaches.  BUT I did get to enjoy a nice, long holiday weekend with the hubs and little man, despite the overcast weather we've been having here.  So that made up for it.  Here's a little glimpse at this weekend's festivities:


Lakeland did fireworks a day early this year.  So we got a head start on the celebrating.  They do the fireworks at the lake downtown, so we packed up the little man and the umbrella (just in case) and headed down to find a good spot.  To kill time once we were there, we took a walk around the lake.  Luckily, the rain held out and we were able to have a nice night with fireworks.


Downtown Lakeland from Lake Mirror


Taking a break and watching the ducks


My little red-faced man.  He ran himself to sleep that night.


Family picture!


Countdown to fireworks!


Watching the show with Dad.  He wasn't too happy about all the noise at first, but he got into and really liked watching the fireworks by the end.


My favorite part-the fireworks!


Sunday morning, we made waffles and


had a red, white and blue breakfast.


Little mister digging into his waffle.  His favorite part was the whip cream : )


Sadly, the rain was back all day Sunday, so we were stuck indoors.


But we were able to play with some sparklers on our porch.


Ah!  Me with no make-up.  Sorry guys!


He loved them once he got the hang of things


Monday was also cloudy and drizzly, so we walked over to one of the little ponds in our apartment complex and fed the ducks.  Bobby loves doing this and loves to just sit and watch them.


I loved watching the babies!  Aw, soft, fluffy baby ducks!  


I did get some crafting in-I made this framed burlap art just in time.  Back near  St. Patrick's Day, Red Heads Craft More Fun had posted this and I loved it.  Then I thought, why not make it interchangeable for other holidays?!  So I got some different colored burlap and in addition to my 4th of July piece, am going to make one for the other holidays!  Thanks for the inspiration, Courtney!

So, that's my weekend in pictures, more or less.  I hope that you all had a fun and safe Fourth of July!



Make Some Scribbles!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...