Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tipping Thursday: Fun with Color

Ever get stuck in a make-up rut?  Where you do the same thing, the same look with the same colors, every day?
Well, it's time to break out of that rut!  And it's easy to do.  Just add some color!


I'm going to show you how to take a simple, everyday look up a notch.  I took my usual grey eyeshadow and added a pop of color!


Start by applying grey shadow to your entire lid and extending up just passed the crease.


Like so (sorry it's blurry-I had hard time getting in close enough.)


Now comes the yellow.  Yep, that's right-yellow!  I wear yellow eyeshadow!  This quad is by Revlon but I've had it a while and I'm pretty sire you can't find it in the stores anymore.  


Using an angled brush, apply the yellow shadow to the outer corner of your eye, like so.


Repeat on other eye.


Then line inner lashline with black eyeliner and finish off with a coat of mascara.

Other ways you can "change it up":
-Switch out your usual black or brown eye liner with a olive green or a plumy purple.
-Try a navy blue mascara instead of the same old black.
-Try a new color.  Who says you have to wear neutrals all the time?  Pink can be a "day look" shadow.
-Keep your eyes low-key and wear a bright lipstick-like a nice, bright red or pink!

And, most of all, have fun!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Great blog! The makeup tutorial was very helpful. I've worn the same colors since 1984. Think it might be time for a change? Ha!

    Thanks for linking up to Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE a good makeup tutorial! Frankly, the yellow eyeshadow scares me, but it always looks so good on!

    I am here for the Friday blog hops; I am your newest follower. Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following you thanks to New Friends Friday and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :)
    Plus, don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy HTML tutorials, you know where to come! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I am into blue eyeshadow these says and I love it.
    Stopping by from NFF. Already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun!! I wonder If I could wear yellow with my blue eyes??? What a fun blog! Stopping by from New Friend Friday!
    Happy Weekend!
    Aleesha

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...