Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Who's That: A Girl and A Glue Gun

Today's guest blogger is the lovely Kimbo from A Girl and A Glue Gun.  Take it away, Kimbo!

A girl and a glue gun

Hey there! I'm super excited to be here at Scraps and Scribbles!
Today I'm fancying up some gloves!

So this was for my daughter's Halloween costume...but she liked
them so much I thought she could wear them all year round (and I say
ALL year round cause Idaho is cold ALL YEAR ROUND!)




My 1.50 purchase...thank you very much Sam Walton

I snipped off the finger part


and broke out my embroidery floss....love it...


I tuck in the extra and then...


stitch around it with my floss--(you will have to use a needle with a
little larger eye than normal!)

I also did an accent around the bottom

you won't want to do it too tight...or you won't be able to
slip  your hand in....and don't do it too loose or
the thread will hang there. So do it JUST right okay?
Okay. I know...easier said than done!!! 

I added a little flower and tulle held together with some floss...




Now, I'm not so sure how warm her fingers will be....but when you look
this stylish...what's a little frostbite!?


since I'm a hoader..I'm trying to find a use for these:

any suggestions?

Come over and visit me at A Girl and A Glue Gun! I've got an awesome giveaway going on...and  I
am in full on christmas mode...trying to crank out some homemade
christmas presents!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, Kimbo!  I hope you all head over to A Girl and A Glue Gun and say hi to Kimbo.  Check out all of her awesome crafts while you're over there!

7 comments:

  1. super cute! my girls would love this!

    ~selina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. you could use the left over tips for finger puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would stuff the parts that you cut off and apply them to the gloves maybe of a different color pair. Like polka dots.

    jbkazooty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking hats for little snowmen :) The gloves are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I'm a hoader too.These are soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could use them for the backing for making rosettes. I did this once with the toes of socks after I had cut them off to make babylegs. Really I just did it because I couldn't find my felt... probably because i'm a hoarder too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE! I would use the finger tips to stuff and stitch like a fabric yoyo and use as snowman buttons or eyes and mouth coal lookin' pcs. They could be used in place of pompoms in some crafty way. They could be sown up with stuffing and used as the center of a fabric yoyo like the center of a flower.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...