Monday, March 28, 2011

{Who's That} Tea Rose Home


We're changing things up a bit this week.  Who's That has been moved to Monday this week {that's today!} because I'm blog swapping with the amazing Sachiko from Tea Rose Home.  I lovelovelove her blog and all of her amazing tutorials and I know you will too!  I'm so excited for you all to see what she has to share today!


Hi every one! I am Sachiko from Tea Rose Home. Courtney asked me to do a blog swap a while ago, and I gladly accepted the offer. On my blog I share lots of sewing and craft projects and tutorials (do you like t-shirt makeovers?), also, every week I host link parties. Come see me sometime, I will be thrilled to have you.

Today, I am going to share a quick and easy project with a dollar store find.
I like to wear rubber gloves when I clean my house, or wash the dishes; especially during the winter. Without the gloves my hands get so dry damaged, if I borrow my little girl’s words, "Mommy, your hands looks like old person." Ugh!

Although, the ones I find at the stores are too short for my taste. I like long ones that will cover to my elbows. One day, on my usual dollar store trip, I found these. It said industrial gloves, OK, I will give it a try.


{You will need}
Rubber gloves (make sure to buy thick and strong ones. Otherwise all your effort will be wasted in a couple uses)
Table cloth fabric (vinyl looking one)
Matching thread
If you want to embellish them, ribbons and other items

{How to}
1. Measure the gloves around the opening.


2. Add 1/4" seam allowance to both sides and cut table cloth fabric. Sew both sides.
My cuffs are 5" tall, but you can adjust it for your likings.


3. Use pins to attach the cuff and the glove, right sides together and sew.


4. Turn.

5. Fold the edge twice, zigzag stitch to finish.

6. I added ribbon and gems to finish it up.

Isn't it fun? I hope you enjoyed the tutorial as much as I enjoyed the process of making the gloves. I love how it turned out and with very little cost. Not only is this perfect for me, I know quite a few people that would love these. You know what that means... this will make a great gift too!
Now, I am wearing my "fancy gloves"...I better go scrub my walls. :)
Thank you for having me here Courtney, you are so sweet!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, Sachiko!  You can check out all of her other amazing tutorials over at Tea Rose Home.  And while you're there, you can see what I'm sharing with Sachiko's readers!
post signature

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...