Tuesday, June 21, 2011

{Hand-made Goodie of the Week} Being Patriotic

The Fourth of July is in less than two weeks, and with me {FINALLY!} getting a small break from school, I got to do some crafting, patriotic-style.  I made a red, white and blue star embellishment for my interchangeable wreath.  And it only cost me $2!

To make your own, here's what you'll need:


Wreath
Felt stars-I found mine at Joann's for only $1 per package and each package comes with 2 stars of each color
Hot glue
and velcro


I laid my stars all out to get a visual because I'm kinda dumb that way 


Then messed around with the layout.  This one was a little star-heavy for me, so I took a couple out

 

Until I happened upon the perfect layout.  I then carefully glued them together, then attached my pieces of velcro to the back, using the pieces on my wreath as a guide {you can check out the original tutorial for this step-it's easy peasy!}



The little man even wanted to get in on the action {really, it's just a shameless excuse to show off my cute little boy}



And ta-da!  The whole thing only took about 10 minutes, tops.  I'm going to get some blue ribbon and make a red, white and blue bow to go on it.


But it'll more than do for now.

I have another fun and easy Fourth project coming up next week-see, I told you good things were in store!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I love your interchangeable wreath! so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how cute little thing! I'm from Brazil and I have a blog just cute little things too ... make a visit when you can, I'll be very honored and happy! Stay with God!
    Kisses from Brazil.
    Luciana
    www.mimosdaclaralu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...