Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{Whatcha Eatin'} Pin-Worthy Dessert Recipes

Anyone who knows me knows I have a major sweet tooth.  And with all of the sweet, wonderfully delicious and decadent desserts tempting me on Pinterest, it's no wonder I'm having a hard time getting rid of the last of this baby weight.  Here are some super-yummy recipes that I've pinned and tried-they are SOOOOO good!  But don't just take my word for it-try them out yourself!



I made these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies for my sister's birthday back in March.  I am told they did not last long once she got them.



I love all things mint chocolate chip and since they were green, I made these as a St. Patty's Day treat.  They were yum!!!



My brother LOVES lemon, so when I saw these, I knew I had to make them for him for his birthday.  These lemon brownies were light and delicious, with just the right amount of lemon.



Speaking of lemons, this lemon blackberry cheesecake was A-MAZ-ING!  I absolutely love cheesecake and this totally hit the spot.


This is my Strawberry Rhubarb pie.  The recipe is from AllRecipes.com, but I tweaked it a little {my changes will be marked in red.}  It came out delicious!  Not one piece was left :)


  • 1 cup white sugar 
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 pound fresh rhubarb, chopped {I used about 3/4 of a pound instead of the full pound, and liked the flavor balance.}
  • 2 pints fresh strawberries
  • 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 egg yolk {I omitted the egg yolk on the crust.  It wasn't shiny, but tasted just as good.}
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar {I also left out the extra sugar on the crust.}

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar. Add strawberries and chopped rhubarb. Toss with sugar and flour and let stand for 30 minutes.  Pour filling into pie crust. Dot top with butter, and cover with top crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crust with water.  Apply yolk to top of pie, using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut small holes in top to let steam escape.  Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and brown. Cool on rack.


Such a yummy pie.  If you've never had Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, I highly recommend it!
post signature

Make Some Scribbles!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...